Jay speaks on Lil Wayne

"It's the new generation of fans and rappers who are gonna judge you the harshest. Do you think it"s fair that you"re compared to every new sensation, like Lil Wayne? I don"t think it"s fair to me, and I don"t think it"s fair to them, with the amount of work that I put in. But it"s human nature. So I gotta do what I"ve been doing. I gotta compete with my work. Not to take anything away from him. I think Lil Wayne is extremely talented. I think he"s one of the most talented ones out there. I mean, even more so how his delivery is than what he says. I don"t think some of the things he says sometimes are the greatest things, but the way he delivers it, that"s part of it. People got to look at that, too. That"s a big, important part of the puzzle. But do I think me and Lil Wayne should be in the same sentence? Me? No. I mean, hopefully one day. He has to accumulate work. Put some classics under his belt."

No comments: