Remy Ma...free on bail

Remy Ma, real name Remy Smith, is free on $250,000 bond put up by her manager. Ma was arrested Saturday afternoon and charged with attempted murder stemming from a shooting incident over the weekend. According to police, Ma was involved in a verbal altercation with Makeda Barnes-Joseph over a $2,000 debt. Witnesses say Ma shot her friend of 15 years after the two argued about $2,000 that went missing from her purse.
In an interview with The NY Daily News, Barnes-Joseph said even after she was shot, Ma rifled through her things searching for the money. "What hurts me is that when she shot me she went over and dumped the bag," she told the Daily News. "She didn't even say, 'Oh, my God, I just shot her.' That's what hurt me so much."
Bronx native Barnes-Joseph told the New York Daily News that she had been close friends with Ma for more than a decade. She said that as they left a bar together around 3:40 a.m., the 26-year-old hip-hopster climbed into her car and accused her of stealing about $3,000, ordered her to dump out her purse, then shot her. "All I heard was the gun go off," she said. "I couldn't believe she shot me!" Barnes-Joseph said that even as she sat in the car bleeding, Ma continued to search through her things for the missing cash. The rapper's attorney said that she "adamantly" denies Barnes-Joseph's allegations. "I ask everyone to keep an open mind," lawyer Scott Leemon said. "Things are not always as they seem."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.