T.I. To Serve His Time In Arkansas

Details of T.I.'s impending incarceration were released over the weekend.

T.I. will serve his federal prison sentence on weapons charges in Arkansas, and he'll get credit for 305 days of home detention that he already served...which means his actual time behind bars will likely last only two months.

T.I., born Clifford J. Harris Jr., must report to Forrest City's low-security federal prison by noon on May 26th, according to court filings. There, he will join 1,500 other inmates as he serves a year and one day prison sentence after pleading guilty in March to federal weapons charges in Atlanta.

Upon his release, T.I. will be on probation for three years. He must also pay a $100,000 fine as part of his sentence.

A spokesman for the prison, said T.I. likely would be treated like any other prisoner coming into the facility. "Unless there are custody or security concerns, all incoming inmates are placed in general population,".

The spokesman also said each cell at the prison is double bunked. T.I. will also have the opportunity to use the recreation yard, as well as take part in counseling or participate in one of the facility's 14 religious groups.

28 year old T.I. was arrested after trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers from undercover federal agents in 2007. That came after his best friend was killed following a post-performance party here in Cincinnati in 2006. The rapper has said the bullets that killed his friend were meant for him.

T.I. had faced a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each charge in his three-count indictment.

No comments: