Ludacris' father passes...

Wayne Bridges, The father of Ludacris died from unknown causes early yesterday morning in Atlanta, GA.

He died just two weeks after Ludacris won two Grammy Awards on for Best Rap Album and Best Rap Song.
That night, Ludacris dedicated both wins to his father, who watched the 49th Annual Grammy Awards show from his hospital bed.

"He introduced me to all of my major musical influences and he will live on through me," Ludacris stated. "He bought me my first Hip-Hop record when I was five years old and I fell in love with it from that day on."
Ludacris moved in with his father at the age of 14 and has had his father by his side since.
His father has made numerous appearances at numerous events for his Ludacris' non-profit organization The Ludacris Foundation and was also featured in the video “Grew Up A Screw Up."
Bridges condition was first brought to the attention of the public during Ludacris' Grammy acceptance speech, as an emotional Ludacris proclaimed his love for his sick father.
"I'm celebrating his life knowing that he has moved on to a better place and I will continue to make him proud," says Ludacris.

No comments: